First organized as a gang in the mid-1970s among inmates housed by the California Youth Authority, the group was made up of white and Latino kids. Two places claim to be the birth place of the NLR, first is the Youth Training School, in Chino, Ca and the other is the Preston Youth Correctional Facility, in Lone, Ca
The California Department of Corrections (CDC) had successfully disrupted and tied to suppressed AB's activities. The AB needed a present of the yard in the CDC, so the AB turned to members of the NLR. The AB had only one request of the NLR that was to get rid of all Latino members. This started a civil war in the NLR.
Since their beginning of NLR in the California Youth Authority (CYA) their ideology has developed into a racist, violently criminal organization active both on the streets and in prison. NLR has acted as the middlemen for AB's various criminal enterprises and in doing so helped build NLR's brutal and ambitious reputation as a dangerous racist gang.
NLR oath "The 8 Keys"
1. I, as a Nazi Low Rider, hereby swear an unrelenting oath upon the green graves of our sires, upon the children in the wombs of our wives, upon the throne of god almighty, sacred to his name, to join together in the holy union with the brothers in this circle and to declare forthright that from this day moment on that I have no fear of death, no fear of foe, that I have a sacred duty to do whatever is necessary to deliver our people from the Jew and bring total victory to the Nazi Low Riders.
2. I, as a Nazi Low Rider Warrior, swear myself to complete secrecy to the Order and total loyalty to my comrades.
3. Let me bear witness to you, my brothers, that should one of you fall in battle, I will see to the welfare and well being of your family.
4. Let me bear witness to you, my brothers, that should one of you be taken prisoner, I will do whatever is necessary to regain your freedom.
5. Let me bear witness to you, my brothers, that should an enemy agent hurt you, I will chase him to the ends of the earth and remove his head from his body.
6. And furthermore, let me bear witness to you, my brothers, that if I break this oath let me be forever cursed upon the lips of our people as a coward and an oath breaker.
7. My brothers, let us be his battle axe and weapons of war. Let us go forward by one’s and two’s, by scores and legions and as true Nazi Low Riders with pure hearts and strong minds face the enemies of our brotherhood and families, with courage and determination.
8. We hereby invoke the blood covenant and declare that we are in a full state of war and will not lay down our weapons until we have driven the enemy into the sea and reclaimed that which is rightfully ours. Through our blood and gods will, the land will be that of our children.
NLR Prison Hierarchy
of the NLR
Black Guerrilla Family- a Black gang in the prison system
Nuestra Familia – A Latino gang from the northern part of California.
Allies of NLR
Aryan Brotherhood (AB)
Public Enemy Number One (PENI)
Insane White Boys (IWB)
Mexican Mafia (EME) - a Latino gang from the southern part of California.